29 May 2013

Noises in the jungle..

The jungle shocks me. I go outside at night, to stand in the silence and listen to the noises. I love the screechy birds that entertain us during the day...and the whiney ones that come out at night. I love the great noisy plops of heavy leaves falling to the ground...leaves as big as dinner plates...and almost as heavy too. I love the bats that soundlessly move across the sky above us and the incredible variety of giant moths that clutch the wire screens on our windows. I love the way the cloud comes in at night, creating an eerie thickness...in which we sleep. I love the sudden coolness that tells me that rain is on its way...and the rain that falls as a thick whiteness amd makes us shut our walls of louvres in order to hear the TV...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment,
I appreciate each and every one.
All replies will be in the comment section so please check back to read them!