06 June 2013

Our Daily Challenge

There are many challenges for us living in the dense interior of PNG...but the single biggest challenge must surely be the lack of plugs. Yes, plugs. We cannot find a plug to fit our kitchen sink. Neither in PNG nor Australia. This means that washing dishes becomes a race against time, as we watch our precious hot and soapy water leak past our ill-fitting plug. Often we leave the dishes to catch some breaking news on the TV, only to return to a sink full of still-dirty dishes, soggy cloths and a plug covered in food detritus. If stu wants me to look at something or to give me a hug, I tell him to WAIT! lest my dishwater disappears...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment,
I appreciate each and every one.
All replies will be in the comment section so please check back to read them!