16 April 2014

My first produce of the season

The Sicilian orange trucks have been in the area for weeks now. This means that citrus season is on us. So yesterday I made a rather huge purchase...one whole crate of oranges! This morning when I arrived in the kitchen and saw my "little" stash I admit to hearing a little voice inside me which said "What was I thinking!?". However, after a breakfast of porridge which allowed me to procrastinate sufficiently enough to read recipes, I tackled my challenge. While the 14 jars look good, I have not had a reputation for making produce involving fruit and sugar that actually sets! So my fingers are crossed. A bigger problem is that I still have 3/4 of a crate of oranges left! I suspect I'll be making marmalade for days!

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment,
I appreciate each and every one.
All replies will be in the comment section so please check back to read them!