26 May 2014

Making sure it moves

Some of our dinner guests from the other night arrived with small plants for my garden. One is a multi-coloured flowery creeper that my parents have in their garden and that I have always loved. Another has a pretty but delicate leaf and long stems topped with orchid-like yellow and red flowers. The last one is grass, a special grass with furry red tips. I remember looking at it and thinking: "Grass?". That is, until the lady giving it to me said "I love watching grass move in the breeze". I didn't think much about her words at the time but they have remained with me. So much so that I have now become obsessed with watching my grass moving! I planted it in the middle of the garden to ensure maximum movement and now spy out windows and creep around corners of the house just to make sure it is moving!

 

 

 

 

6 comments:

  1. What wonderful guests you have. Get well!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need more guests (or the same ones!?) to select more plants for my garden! When r u coming back?

      Delete
  2. What a great way to view a very simple and common item of flora - MD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is! But it really does add a whole different texture to the garden too...

      Delete
  3. The red and yellow one is a grannies bonnet :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ta Rosie...you're right ( I had a surf after I got your comment!). My English friends call it Columbine, which doesn't mean anything to me, an Australian gardener more used to tropical plants than temperate plants... :-(

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment,
I appreciate each and every one.
All replies will be in the comment section so please check back to read them!