08 September 2014

Shiny things in our kitchen

Yesterday I spent a very relaxing half hour polishing our copper.

I have never had copper before and I have certainly never had to polish it.

Hanging copper items in the kitchen of an old rustic stone house is somehow "right" so lately I've been collecting a few pieces at antique fairs.

I have a pizza tray, a small mould and a small jug, all of which I knew to be copper.

I also have an old milk can that had been left in the house by the previous owner. I have always assumed that it was a cheap ornament...until I watched my cloth slowly uncover its shiny pink beauty...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment,
I appreciate each and every one.
All replies will be in the comment section so please check back to read them!